Building resilience and emotional agility for Equestrians Interactive one day workshop
Monday 10th February 10:00 to 15:00
Venue - Wildwoods Equestrian Centre, Ebbisham Lane, Walton-on-the-Hill, Tadworth, Surrey, KT20 5BH
Cost £60 - please book with Wildwoods - https://www.wildwoodsriding.co.uk/event/building-resilience-and-emotional-agility-for-riders/
Suitable for: riders, instructors, trainers and judges
Resilience can be described as our ability to adapt and bounce back when things don’t go as planned. Resilient people don’t dwell on failures; they acknowledge the situation, learn from their mistakes, and then move on.
Having a high level of resilience does not mean you will avoid stress; it means you will be able to adapt, function better and recover more effectively from it.
We can’t always choose the situations we find ourselves in, but we can choose how we respond to them.
This workshop will allow you to recognise automatic, unplanned responses and learn how to react to them in order to build your own resilience and overall well being.
By the end of the workshop you will be able to:
· Recognise the importance and benefits of building your resilience
· Use tools that help you develop resilience.
· Recognise the effect that positive and negative thinking has on your resilience and well being
· Challenge the way you think and your beliefs
· Be able to set better boundaries
· Have developed more Emotional Agility and will be able to down regulate anxiety and stress and change your emotional state.
· Build your own resilience.
Using a progression of interactive therapeutic techniques, participants are led on a journey of discovery to:
· Explore why resilience and emotional agility is so important to them.
· Identify what is currently fulfilling their emotional needs and identify the values which motivate them.
· Identify and celebrate ways they are already resilient and how they currently cope with challenges.
· Discover how and why negative thinking can have both a physical and psychological impact.
· Learn why negative reactions to minor setbacks can affect confidence and performance.
· Challenge their patterns of thinking and identify behaviours and unhelpful beliefs and learn techniques to change the impact these have.
· Learn simple techniques to change their emotional state quickly to reduce stress and anxiety and increase performance
· Learn tools to develop personal and competition resilience.
Trainer – Sherree Russell
BSc(hons) Clinical Hypnosis
NLP Master Sports Psychology
BHS AI & ISM
07880 336059, 01483 201151